As of this week, we are increasing the limit for the number of tracks members can repost per 24 hour period.
Previously, members were able to repost 10 tracks per 24 hours.
We are increasing this to 10 tracks per 12 hours.
We are doing this for a number of reasons:
- Direct plays from reposts have decreased due to SoundCloud UI changes. The ‘feed’ is no longer the default view when visiting soundcloud.com so visitors are less likely to see and play reposted tracks.
- However, our data shows that more genuine engagement increases chances of getting picked up by SoundCloud’s algorithms, including:
- Related tracks
- SoundCloud Weekly
- RepostExchange itself generates a large amount of plays and engagement. Increasing the repost limit will also increase the amount of time our members spend browsing the site, listening to campaigns, and engaging with tracks - meaning more plays, likes and comments and in turn more algorithm recommendations to the wider SoundCloud user base.
- A happy byproduct is that members can earn credits faster in order to promote their own music.
We are also changing the way the repost ‘service fee’ works
Up until now this fee has only been applied to larger accounts, but it will now apply to more members. Just to be clear, It is a CREDIT fee, not a monetary fee, and is only applied when you earn credits by reposting.
Typically, if you earn 4 or more credits from a repost, a 25% fee now will be deducted.
- If you earn 4 credits from a repost, 1 credit will be deducted as a service fee, meaning your net earnings will be 3 credits per repost.
- If you earn 10 credits from a repost, 2 credits will be deducted, meaning your net earnings will be 8 credits per repost.
If you earn less than 4 credits per repost, this change will not affect you.
Why are we doing this?
If too many credits enter the system and not enough are removed, the effectiveness of each credit is gradually reduced. You may notice this when your campaigns are slow, or fail to use up all the credits. This change aims to help us reach an equilibrium and increase overall performance.
These two changes in conjunction will:
- Increase plays, engagement and performance across the board
- Mean tracks are more likely be picked up by SoundCloud’s algorithms
- Increase the overall capacity of the RepostExchange
- Increase the speed at which active members can earn credits
If you have comments or feedback, please message us at email@example.com